Posted: November 23, 2022
Each year, members of the Hospitality and Catering industry come together to celebrate and congratulate each other on a prestigious evening known as the Staff Canteen Awards. The first awards evening was held in 2020, but due to Covid was held online. In 2021 the awards were held in person for the first time as two new award categories were introduced.
On the 14th of November 2022, the Staff Canteen Awards were held in Birmingham. There were 283 nominations and over 47,000 votes, whittling down the list to four individuals or teams shortlisted for each of the eight award categories: Chef of the Year, One to Watch, KP of the Year, Business of the Year, Front of House Team of the Year, Community Hero, TSC Member of the Year and Social Media Influencer.
Doncaster College’s very own Lisa Pyott was nominated for and won the award for ‘Community Hero’! Speaking of the glorious evening and winning the award, Lisa said she was “So shocked to have won, it has been absolutely amazing.” Continuing, she stated “I am so humbled that people took the time to vote. Thank you. It was made even better that our students were taking part in the event with the Staff Canteen, working with so many industry experts, an outstanding experience from start to finish.”
The full list of winners on the night can be found here:
- Chef of the Year: Gareth Ward, Ynyshir restaurant & rooms, Wales
- One to Watch: Paul Durand, Manifest, Liverpool
- KP of the Year: Kamila Kasperkowiak, The Beehive, White Waltham
- Sustainable Business of the Year: The Ethicurean, Bristol
- Front of House Team of the Year: The Square Bistro, Lisburn, Northern Ireland
- Social Media Influencer of the Year: Dean Edwards, Private Chef
- Community Hero: Lisa Pyott, Doncaster College
- The Staff Canteen Member of the Year: Anthony Wright, L20 Restaurant at Hugh Baird College, Liverpool
A massive congratulations go out to Lisa for her extremely well-deserved win! To know more about the Staff Canteen Awards, please go to: https://www.thestaffcanteen.com/tsc-awards#/