We offer impartial and unbiased information, advice and guidance to help you with your College and course choice.
As you make a decision about your course choice and ultimately the college you decide to study at, it is really important that you receive impartial and unbiased information, advice and guidance to help you make the right decisions about future choices.
Getting the right advice will help you make the right choices for you.
You can be assured when you talk to the Careers Advice and Guidance team that they are using the Gatsby Benchmarks of Good Career Guidance which includes:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The College promotes and supports equality of opportunity and wherever possible we will seek to provide you with the information in a format which most suits your needs.
We can also offer:
- Impartial guidance interviews with qualified staff
- Pre-entry, on course and exit guidance for students
- Information on learning opportunities, occupations and career development
- Information on careers, education, apprenticeships and training
- Local and national information on college and university education
- Access to a range of resources available to individuals including online resources
- Access to specialist local help for vulnerable young people and those with additional needs
- Referral to internal and external sources of additional support This is available to current and potential students of any age.
Our team achieved the Matrix Standard for IAG in 2022 and have maintained that standard, with approval again in 2024. The Matrix standard is a unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
Contact the Team
To book an appointment or a personalised campus tour, you can contact the Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Team.