Higher education outreach activities are aimed at showing students the higher education opportunities available at college and university, and how completing a higher education course can benefit their job prospects. The activities may also work to support student academic confidence and attainment.
The Uni Connect Programme (UCP) – formerly the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP) – aims to increase the number of students progressing to university and higher education, regardless of their background. The HeppSY team are a collection of practitioners who deliver impartial information advice and guidance related to Higher Education progression. You may have the opportunity to take part in activities such as university campus visits, summer schools, finance workshops and other higher education opportunities. HeppSY and their partners1 are being funded by the Office for Students (OfS) to undertake such outreach activities with students at your school or college to let you know about the benefits of going into higher education. More information about HeppSY and its partners can be accessed through the links below:
- HeppSY – https://www.heppsy.org
- Higher Education Progression Partnership (HEPP) – https://www.hepp.ac.uk/
- Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) – https://www.shu.ac.uk/about-us/schools-and-community-outreach
- The University of Sheffield (TUoS) – https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/schools
Why do we need to collect data and evaluate higher education activities?
To make sure the activities we provide are useful and effective for young people, we need to gather certain information which we use purely for research and evaluation purposes. Under data protection law we are able to process this data because the activities are a task carried out are in the public interest. It is also important to prove that what we do is working. We must:
- ensure that the activities we offer are appropriate
- identify the most effective activities and best practice
- measure the impact of our activities
Evaluation and Data Team
0114 225 4329