Have you recently been promoted to your first team leadership role? Are you already a team leader but have found it hard to adapt to developing from being “one of the team” to having to “lead a team”, standing apart from team members and colleagues when required? Do you need support to better understand the nature and role of a team leader? Taking on your first team leadership role can be a big step change for some, it may mean having to develop a different way of working with people you were previously in a team with, it can be difficult to make that transition where you may have to review, discipline, train, set improvement objectives for those you are working with.
- The nature, scope, role and responsibilities of a team leader
- Planning to assert yourself effectively with team members
- What does the “transition” mean for individual attendees in terms of challenges, opportunities, the impact on your leadership styles and skills
- Planning and maintaining team performance and good working relationships
- Personal development planning to plan, manage and review the transition back in the workplace
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.