“Your dream career in the legal world is at your fingertips?”
The Legal Services sector is an important sector in the UK, contributing £32billion per year to the economy. It offers employment at different levels and is part of every major industry in the country. The impact of the sector is felt every time a house is sold, a product is purchased, and a crime is committed. The sector has a highly skilled workforce that is essential to the country and continues to grow.
T Levels combine classroom theory, practical learning and substantial industry placements (45 days) to make sure students have real experience of the workplace.
T Level courses have been developed in conjunction with employers and businesses, so the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work. With a focus on skills as well as academic learning, with the legal services T level you will develop skills in:
- English, Maths and Digital competencies to professional standards,
- Legal Research and Analysis skills,
- Applying legal principles to areas of law and legal situations,
- Conveying information clearly to a legal and non-legal audience,
- Collaborative working and team working,
- Applying ethics to legal and non-legal situations and using ethical judgment,
- Using personal judgment in professional situations and complying with professional regulations and frameworks.
The course is designed to fully support you into your next step in the legal or business world.
The course is broken down into two distinct years of study, year 1 being core content covering the following topics:
- the business environment
- careers within the legal profession
- professionalism and ethics
- security and risk
- equality, diversity and inclusion requirements
- third party professional services
- the fundamentals of law
- the fundamentals of financial accounting
- an awareness of digital and emerging technology, digital transformation and digital tools
- data driven innovation, analytics and design thinking
- research skills
- project and change management approaches in legal contexts
Legal Services Assistant Crime Criminal Justice and Social Welfare. In this component you will learn how to:
- Assist with the inception, progression, and completion of legal services within a Crime
- Criminal Justice and Social Welfare environment.
- Carry out legal and factual research and present findings
- Draft Legal documents and communications
T Levels will combine classroom theory and practical learning, and are made up of the following:
- Technical Qualification: the substantial component of your course.
- As part of your studies, you must complete a 9-week work placement in an appropriate business setting. It is this that sets the T Level apart from other level 3 programs. You get the opportunity to experience what work could be like in your chosen field, this is a chance for you to build valuable contacts in the job market, this is particularly valuable in a legal setting as this profession in any guise is very competitive.
5 GCSEs at grade 5 including English and maths
The T Level Technical Qualification in Legal Services is eligible for UCAS points, allowing you to continue your studies within the specialist area of Legal Service on degree programmes such as Law and Finance. Or you could progress onto a higher level apprenticeship, in the legal world advancing your skills and experience further.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.