In this fast-moving world, technology plays a huge part in daily life. The care sector is no different. This qualification helps you understand the positive impact technology can have on people and the improvements it can make to their quality of life.
Our fully online course will teach you about Technology Enabled Care (TEC) is playing an increasing role in health and social care, with over 1.7 million vulnerable people relying on TEC to support independence in their own homes.
You will learn about different types of TEC available and how they can support people’s independence and well-being.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 4 units.
- Introduction to Technology Enabled Care (A/617/8308)
- Understand a person-centred approach to Technology Enabled Care (A/617/8311)
- Understand roles and responsibilities in relation to Technology Enabled Care (F/617/8312)
- Introduction to legislation, safeguarding and regulatory requirements relating to Technology Enabled Care (J/617/8313)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Course Career Prospects
This course would be important for job roles such as:
- Senior care worker (£17,000 to 27,000)
- Care Escort (Variable Pay)
- Ambulance Care Assistant (£18,500 to £21,500)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.