This course will develop your knowledge and understanding of business improvement techniques, which can be applied across a range of sectors, from manufacturing through to office-based roles. Recognises competence in contributing to quality and process improvements in the workplace. Complement to existing skills and qualifications. Encourages practices that can maximise profit by eliminating waste, improving workflow, and reducing cost and variation.
Undertaking a Business Improvement Techniques course could be a source or numerous benefits to both yourself and the organisation, including:
- Reduced energy usage
- Improved productivity
- Improved performance
- Development of lean thinking
- Reduction in costs
- A culture of organisational thinking
- Problem solving skills
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 6 units.
- Safe and Effective Team Working (R/617/5236)
- Workplace Organisation (Y/617/5237)
- Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) (D/617/5238)
- Visual Management Systems (H/617/5239)
- Problem Solving (Y/617/5240)
- Flow Process Analysis (D/617/5241)
This is a knowledge-based qualification which is internally assessed and externally moderated by NCFE.
To meet the standards, you will complete the online assessment with either a pass or resubmit.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Equality and Diversity level 2 course, learners could progress to:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business-Improvement Techniques
- Level 3 qualifications in Business Improvement Techniques
- Level 4 qualifications in Business Improvement Techniques.
Course Career Prospects
This course in Business Improvement Techniques will open many opportunities and a broader range of career paths. You will learn how continuous improvement techniques can boost businesses and give them a competitive advantage. This would be useful if you want to pursue a career in the Business and Management sector.
- Business Project Manager (£22,000 to £70,000)
- Chief Executive (£55,000 to £150,000)
- Investment Analyst (£22,000 to £60,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.