During your studies you will get to work with a wide variety of beautiful fresh flowers direct from professional suppliers. These industry-standard materials will allow you to learn a range of techniques including hand-tied bouquets, floral arrangements, wedding flowers, funeral tributes, innovative designs, and even get involved in College-wide events such as graduation and awards ceremonies.
1 year Thursday and Friday
The course includes practical and theory tasks and 150 hours work experience which can be complete externally or at the college florist Flowers at the Hub.
- Unit 201 Health and safety for land-based industries
- unit 202 Working un the Floristry Industry
- Unit 203 Customer service
- Unit 204 Caring for and maintaining floristry products
- Unit 205 Floristry design principles
- Unit 206 Preparing to create floristry designs
- Unit 207 Creating floristry designs
Practical assessment, theory assignment, online testing
Entry requirements –
- an interest in flowers, plants and art.
- 100% attendance,
- a functional level of maths and English.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.