The purpose of this qualification is to develop learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in IT which will enable students to be able to apply for jobs effectively and prepare for interviews.
It also covers the principles of Prevent and British Values.
The course is delivered over 8 days in small classes which is tutor-led.
Learners work through instructional IT workbooks at their own pace and complete a portfolio of evidence by completing assessments at the end of each unit.
To achieve this qualification, learners need to achieve all 6 units.
Entry Level 3
- 305 – Introduction to IT
- 315 – Effective Communication for the Workplace
- 308 – Searching for a Job
- 340 – Self Assessment
- 376 – Create a Good Impression on Customers
- 000 – Prevent and British Values
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Highfields External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Entry 3 Award in Essential Digital Skills
- Level 1 Award in Essential Digital Skills
- progressing to employment where they can apply their digital and IT knowledge and skills
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.