Anyone who works with personal data needs to understands the laws surrounding it. This fully online level 2 Course in Data Protection and Data Security will provide you with essential knowledge on data protection compliance. The qualification will help to develop your understanding of key data legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act. You will learn the steps that organisations can take to protect data from common threats to ICT systems, as well as the consequences that failing to protect data can have for individuals and organisations.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 4 units.
- Understand current data protection legislation (K/617/2469)
- Understand organisational procedures concerning data (D/617/2470)
- Understand threats to ICT systems and data (H/617/2471)
- Understand the consequences of not protecting data (K/6172472)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Admin
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer service
- Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Certificate in Digital Skills for Work
Course Career Prospects
This course can help you develop your knowledge of key data legislation, like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act. This course would be ideal for those wishing to choose a career in IT, Software, Web, Business and Management, e.g.;
- IT Project Manager (£30,000 to £70,000)
- IT Security Co-ordinator (£35,000 to £60,000)
- Web Developer (£20,000 to £50,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.