In 2019, a total of 5,738 individuals were referred to the Prevent programme, with the education sector accounting for 33% of this number. Anyone wanting to work in local authorities, schools, colleges, uniformed services or health and social care needs to be aware of safeguarding and the Prevent duty and how to include these principles in their day-to-day work practices. This level 2 online course in safeguarding will give you a greater awareness of the Safeguarding and the Prevent duty, the responsibilities and procedures involved, and how to raise concerns effectively.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 3 units.
- Understanding the Prevent Duty (K/616/8129)
- Understanding safeguarding (H/616/8131)
- Understanding online safety (K/616/8132)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Safeguarding and prevent level 2 course, learners could progress to:
- Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England) (Social Care)
Course Career Prospects
This Level 2 Course in Safeguarding and prevent will help with both personal development and help you gain a strong understanding of the wide-ranging legislation that’s needed to following good safeguarding policies and procedures. It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Local Government Administrative Assistant (£17,500 to £24,500)
- Higher Education Lecturer (£33,000 to £54,000)
- Social Worker (£24,000 to £40,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.