If you’re looking to develop your team leading skills to manage a team effectively, this fully online level 2 Team Leader course will help you do just that. This qualification will teach you the principles of team leading, how to use different styles of leadership to enhance your team’s performance, and how to motivate team members to get the best out of them. You’ll learn how to manage conflict within teams, how to handle dissatisfied customers and how to be the best mentor possible.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 8 units.
- Principles of Team Leading (F/617/3594)
- Understand Business (J/617/3595)
- Understand How to Communicate Work-Related Information (L/617/3596)
- Understand How to Deliver Customer Service and Resolve Problems (F/507/5980)
- Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues (Y/617/3598)
- Introduction to Coaching (J/617/3600)
- Introduction to Mentoring (L/617/3601)
- Understand Personal Development (R/617/3602)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Team Leading level 2 course, learners could progress to:
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Management
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge.
Course Career Prospects
This Level 2 course in the Principles of Team Leading can help with professional development and lead to careers in Business and Management, such as:
- Business Project Manager (£22,000 to £70,000)
- Catering Manager (£19,00 to £40,000)
- Construction Manager (£27,000 to £65,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.