Whether you work in the healthcare or fitness industry and want to enhance your knowledge, or whether you just want to make some lifestyle changes yourself, our level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health is perfect for you.
This course will teach you about the role food and exercise play in maintaining health, and what the information on food labelling really means and how to use it correctly. It also covers the different diets that children and older people need to make sure they are fit and strong, as well as what can cause eating disorders and how to manage them. You’ll gain insight into creating a diet and exercise plan that’s tailored to each individual’s needs and understand how to manage food hygiene to achieve maximum results.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To achieve this qualification, you need to achieve all 6 units.
- Explore principles of healthy eating (R/505/2204)
- Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals (J/601/2535)
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet (M/601/2545)
- The principles of weight management (L/505/2203)
- Principles of food safety for the home environment (T/506/3146)
- Understanding eating disorders (D/506/2928)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Award in Skills for Workplace Health Champions
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
Course Career Prospects
This level 2 course in Nutrition and Health is designed for people working in, or intending to work in, settings such as sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering or healthcare an understanding of nutrition and health, to support their role in the workplace.
It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Health Promotion specialist (£21,000 to £40,000)
- Health Visitor (£32,500 to £46,000)
- Nutritionist (£25,000 to 37,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.