Key to the Health and Social Care sector are those who assist people with learning disabilities. This course covers a wide range of conditions, as well as an in-depth coverage of the legislation you will likely come across in a care career.
This level 2 course will ensure your knowledge is up to date and is primarily for those within healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those working in education or housing support roles.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 6 units.
- Understand the Context of Supporting Individuals With Learning Disabilities (K/601/5315)
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care (A/601/8574)
- Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care (K/601/9493)
- Principles of Positive Risk Taking for Individuals with Disabilities (K/601/6285)
- Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions (M/601/5316)
- Principles of Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare (T/601/8654)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties level 2 course, learners could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Course Career Prospects
This course is ideal for someone looking to or is already working in a variety of sectors, like healthcare, social care, and education. It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Learning Mentor (£14,500 to £25,000)
- Learning Disability Nurse (£25,654 to £31,533)
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant (£12,577 to £23,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.