This qualification is designed to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of behaviour that challenges and its effects.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop in-depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges which could support progression onto other appropriate qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care sector.
This qualification would be valuable to learners already working in education and health and social care settings.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 4 units.
- Understand behaviour that challenges (D/615/4809)
- Understand how to support positive behaviour (K/615/4845)
- Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges (Y/615/4811)
- Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges (K/615/4814)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Understanding Behaviour that Challenges level 2 course, learners could progress to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 qualifications in Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificates in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 qualifications for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 2 qualifications in Understanding Dementia.
Course Career Prospects
This Level 2 Course in Understanding behaviour that Challenges will help Understanding Behaviour that Challenges and can assist in the inclusivity within the workplace.
This can also make your CV stand out and can prove beneficial for many different job roles, such as:
- Teaching Assistant (£11,500 to £23,000)
- Nursery Worker (£14,000 to £24,000)
- Learning Mentor (£14,500 to £25,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.