Around 15% of people have a learning difficulty, which means they can find it harder to learn certain skills. If you’re looking to improve your understanding and awareness of learning difficulties, this is the learning disabilities course for you. You will learn about a range of specific learning difficulties, including ADHD, dyslexia, and dyscalculia. It’s great for people working in a variety of sectors, such as healthcare, social care, and education.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To achieve this qualification, you need to achieve all 5 units.
- Understand Specific Learning Difficulties (J/615/9454)
- Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties (L/615/9455)
- Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties (R/615/9456)
- Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties (Y/615/9457)
- Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties (D/615/9458)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication
Course Career Prospects
This course is ideal for someone looking to or is already working in a variety of sectors, like healthcare, social care, and education. Some careers may include:
- Learning Mentor (£14,500 to £25,000)
- Learning Disability Nurse (£25,654 to £31,533)
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant (£12,577 to £23,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.