Throughout this course you will study a range of different subject areas including Biological Science, Health Studies and psychology.
The units are designed to help you to build on your knowledge and develop your skills in preparation for progressing to university.
This course is a full-time course, with 1 day a week attendance required in college over 2 years. There will be a requirement for you to complete additional study outside of the classroom.
The units you will study throughout this course are:
- Respiration and Circulation
- The Human Endocrine & Nervous System
- Cell Division and Heredity
- Human Reproduction, Growth & Development
- The Human Muscular and Skeletal Systems
- Cell Biology: Understanding the Cell
- Introduction to Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Mental Health and Illness
- Psychology of Stress
- Introduction to cognitive Psychology
- Roles and responsibilities of a Health Care Professional
- Health Promotion
- The History of the NHS
- Understanding Dementia
- Progressing to university
- Academic Writing
- Developing Critical thinking
- Independent Research
At the end of each unit, you will complete an assignment to assess your knowledge of the unit.
To successfully achieve your Diploma, you will need a total of 60 credits.
GCSE Math and English Grade 4 or Equivalent
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.