The 1-year Level 2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism consists of 4 units of study. Alongside this you will study Maths and English GSCE to support and enhance your studies and employability.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism, learners are required to successfully complete 2 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
This qualification aim is to:
- provide learners with an understanding of the principles of the travel and tourism industry and allow them to explore the various avenues of work within this industry.
- allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- gain an understanding of the travel and tourism industry and to prepare learners to progress to further study.
- understand and develop the skills necessary to work within the travel and tourism industry.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- appropriate interpersonal skills
- communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- supporting other aspiring employees
- personal manners and deportment
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
Day trips within travel and tourism allow learners to develop an understanding of the UK travel and tourism industry. We aim to complete day trips to key visitor attractions.
We have links with local and regional tourism organisations where there will be a variety of guest speakers throughout the year to support up to date industry information.
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- The UK travel and tourism industry
Optional Units that may be available include:
- Understanding package holidays
- Travel agency operations
- Hospitality in travel and tourism
Impact of travel and tourism provision on a host community
Coursework & practical exam
4 GCSEs grade 3 or above including English or maths.
- Level 2 Aviation Environment
- Level 2 Cabin Crew
- Level 3 Travel and Tourism
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.