Coding is what makes it possible for anyone to create computer software.
Websites, apps, and social media are all made with code – it is a language that tells computers what action to perform.
This qualification is designed for anyone who is looking to gain an introduction to coding. As the world is evolving digitally and the digital sector is growing, this course will give you an insight into the principles of coding, and how coding is used in practice for software development.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by Email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 3 units.
- Understand The Principles of Coding (M/618/1187)
- Understand Terminology Used in Coding (T/618/1188)
- Understand Coding Design Principles (A/618/1189)
- Understand the Processes and Practice of Coding (M/618/1190)
- Understand the Importance of Communication and Project Management in Coding (T/618/1191)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Understanding Coding level 2 course, learners could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices
- Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in IT User Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Programming
Alternatively, you may want to consider other further education courses.
Course Career Prospects
If you chose to complete this Level 2 course in understanding coding, you can gain knowledge and skills in web design and development. It could also improve your CV for different job roles, such as:
- Web Developer (£42,000 to £62,000)
- Programmer (£52,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.