In an increasingly digital world, cyber security is fast becoming a main concern for many organisations and there is a demand for Cyber Security courses in the UK. With complex online scams and cyber-crime, it’s essential that organisations have an understanding of preventative measures to maintain cyber security, including techniques and security checks needed to store data securely. This online course is a key starting point for anyone looking to begin their career in cyber security.
Our distance learning courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer, or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 6 units.
- Introduction to cyber security (L/618/1181)
- Understand terminology used in cyber security (R/618/1182)
- Understand legal and ethical aspects of cyber security (Y/618/1183)
- Understand Common Threats to Cyber Security (D/618/1184)
- Understand Methods of Maintaining Cyber Security (H/618/1185)
- Working With Others in Cyber Security (K/618/1186)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Principles of Cyber security level 2 course, learners could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
- Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills
- Level 3 Award in Cyber Security Leadership
Course Career Prospects
If you chose to complete this Level 2 Course in Cyber Security, then you can become well affiliated with the measures needed to protect companies from online scams and cyber-crimes. This course would be important for job roles such as:
- Forensic Computer Analyst (£25,000 to £60,000)
Cyber Intelligence Officer (£25,000 to £50,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.