This qualification aims to:
- focus on the study of mental health and a range of mental health problems
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems
- increase the learners understanding of a range of mental health problems, which could be used to support their role in the workplace or where they may work or interact with individuals with mental health problems.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 13 units.
- Understanding mental health Y/506/2880
- Understanding stress H/506/2882
- Understanding anxiety M/506/2884
- Understanding phobias A/506/2886
- Understanding depression L/506/3105
- Understanding post-natal depression L/506/2889
- Understanding bipolar disorder F/506/2890
- Understanding schizophrenia L/506/2892
- Understanding dementia Y/506/2894
- Understanding eating disorders D/506/2928
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder– ADHD F/506/2937
- Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – OCD D/506/2900
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD T/506/2904
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in Steps Towards Suicide Reduction
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
If you’d like to work in Mental Health, this course will help you gain an appreciation of what it’s like to work in the sector. You will learn about person-centred care and safe working practices.
It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Social Work Assistant (£12,500) to (£25,000)
- Mental Health Nurse (£25,654) to (£45,838)
- Wellbeing Practitioners (£25,654) to (£45,838)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.