This qualification is designed for learners who are looking to enter, or progress within, employment in the hospitality sector. It will enable learners to develop knowledge and understanding of excellence in customer service for the hospitality sector.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 4 units.
- Principles of customer service in the hospitality sector (F/616/7570)
- Understand effective teamwork in the hospitality sector (J/616/7571)
- Understand legislation and guidance relevant to the hospitality sector (L/616/7572)
- Understand professional personal standards in the hospitality sector (R/616/7573)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care will progress to either:
- Hospitality/catering apprenticeships
- Level 3 Award in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Principles
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- Level 3 Certificate in Professional Development for Hospitality and Tourism
- Level 3 Certificate In Hospitality Retail Outlet Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality
This course will help you gain an appreciation of what it’s like to work in the sector. You will learn about person-centred care and safe working practices.
It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Health Service Manager (£31,365) to (£104,927)
- Customer Service Assistant (£12,000) to (£19,000)
- Hotel Receptionist (£14,645) to (£22,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.