This qualification aims to:
- provide learners with a range of underpinning knowledge in both generic and specialist cleaning principles
- meet the needs of learners who work or want to work in the cleaning sector.
The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of the skills required for working in the cleaning sector.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 4 units.
- Dealing with routine and non-routine waste (T/505/3667)
- Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry (A/505/3668)
- Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry(F/505/3669)
- Cleaning of interiors and washrooms (K/502/2285)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Knowledge and Skills
This course would be important for job roles such as:
- Industrial Cleaner (£15,000 to £22,000)
- Meat Hygiene Inspector (£17,000 to £30,000)
- Window Cleaner (£16,000 to £25,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.