Dementia is one of the main causes of disability in later life, and cases are rising – by 2052, it’s expected that two million people in the UK will have dementia. If you work with people with dementia, it’s important that you understand different approaches to dementia care. Our level 2 course will teach you the different forms of dementia, and how to support individuals with person-centred care and positive communication.
Our level 2 course will help you to understand and achieve the care required for working with people with dementia.
This qualification is completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
In order to achieve this qualification, you need to achieve all 7 units.
- Dementia awareness (J/601/2874)
- The person centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia (H/601/287 9)
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care (T/601/9416)
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach (A/601/2886)
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia (K/601/9199)
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia (J/504/2396)
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care (K/602/4645)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care will progress to either:
- Level 3 Certificates in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
This course would help you to find a career as a:
- Senior Care Nurse (£17,000) to (£27,000)
- Care worker (£13,000) to (£25,000)
- Care home manager (£25,645) to (£31,533)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.