The purpose of the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Personal Care Needs is to give learners specialist knowledge to support their work within the health and social care sectors. Learners will gain knowledge and understanding by successfully completing the units required. Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on the study of personal care needs in the health and social care sectors
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge.
The objective of this qualification is to:
- give learners specialist knowledge of how to support an individual with personal care needs
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 6 units.
- Understand person-centred care (L/617/8829)
- Understand how to support personal hygiene (F/617/8830)
- Understand foot care for individuals (J/617/8831)
- Understand how to support individuals to maintain oral health (L/617/8832)
- Understand pressure area care (R/617/8833)
- Understand sepsis (Y/617/8834)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
If you’d like to work in personal care, this course will help you gain an appreciation of what it’s like to work in the sector. You will learn about person-centred care and safe working practices.
It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Care Home Advocate (£18,000) to (£30,000)
- Social Work Assistant (£12,500) to (£25,000)
- Care Escort (Variable Pay scales)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.