This qualification is designed to enable learners to develop the knowledge and understanding required to work with customers within the health and social care sector.
‘Customers’ in this context refers to internal and external customers, including people who use services, their supporters, visitors, health professionals and providers of other services.
‘Employee’ refers to a range of jobs roles both health and social care specific and non-specific, ie receptionist, cleaner, retail assistant.
This qualification will focus on the study of customer service in health and social care.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners:
- develop an awareness of customer service in health and social care
- understand how to communicate effectively in a health and social care setting
- understand the needs of customers who access health and social care services
- understand teamwork in health and social care settings.
Your tutor is available by email, or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 4 units.
- Preparing to deliver customer service in health and social care settings (D/615/2204)
- Understand the specific needs of customers accessing health and social care services (K/615/2206)
- Effective communication for health and social care (H/615/2205)
- Teamwork in health and social care settings (M/615/2207)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care will progress to either:
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care or the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England) (Social Care)
If you’d like to work in adult social care, this course will help you gain an appreciation of what it’s like to work in the sector. You will learn about person-centred care and safe working practices.
It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Social work Assistant (£12,500) to (25,000)
- Care worker (£13,000) to (£25,000)
- Nurse (£25,645) to (£31,533)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.