This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
- the meaning and importance of infection control
- the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
- methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- give learners working or intending to work in health care settings knowledge and understanding of infection prevention and control to support their role in the workplace
- enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 4 units.
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings A/504/8597
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings F/504/8598
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings J/504/8599
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting T/504/8596
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs)
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
This course would be important for jobs roles such as:
- Ambulance Care Assistant (£18,545 to £21,776)
- Health Promotion Specialist (£21,00 to £40,000)
- Environmental health Officer (25,000 to £60,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.