Learners will develop an understanding of a wide range of retail subjects, such as dealing with customers in various contexts, handling cash, stock management and retail law. The optional units give learners the opportunity to undertake learning programmes specific to their interests or aspirations within the retail sector and allow progression onto higher level qualifications within both generic and specialist areas.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You also need access to the internet.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement
Distance / Online
To attain this qualification, you need to achieve all 8 units.
- Understanding customer service in the retail sector (M/502/5821)
- Understanding the retail selling process (A/502/5806)
- Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business (J/502/5789)
- Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises (A/502/5823)
- Understanding retail consumer law (D/502/5801)
- Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment (J/506/2860)
- Understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business (H/502/5797)
- Understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business (F/502/5810)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Retail Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
If you’d like to work in Retail, this course will help you gain an appreciation of what it’s like to work in the sector. You will learn about person-centred care and safe working practices.
It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Retail Buyer (£18,500) to (£50,000)
- Service Assistant (£13,000) to (26,000)
- Estate Agent (£15,000) to (£40,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.