Despite today’s global economy brings with it a affluence of new markets, decrease profit margins and increasing operating expenses; the need for good business administration has never been greater.
This qualification aims to provide you with the underpinning knowledge that is required by employees to work in a range of different environments in a business administration role. You will learn how to carry out administrative tasks such as managing information and supporting events and will be able to apply your knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
While completing this qualification, you should develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress appropriate interpersonal skills communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors supporting other aspiring employees personal manners and deportment
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
Distance / Online
To gain your full qualification, you need to complete all 7 units.
- Principles of Providing Administrative Services (A/507/5881)
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management (R/507/5885)
- Understand Communication in a Business Environment (M/507/5893)
- Understand Employer Organisations (A/507/5895)
- Understand How to Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues (F/507/5896)
- Understand How to Carry Out Business Administration Tasks (J/507/5897)
Principles of customer relationships (H/507/5907)
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business: Human Resources
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
Course Career Prospects
This Level 2 Course in Business Admin will help with both personal development and help you gain a strong understanding of the wide-ranging tasks such as managing information and supporting events and will be able to apply your new knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
It could also improve your CV for many different job roles, such as:
- Admin Assistant (14,000 to 28,000)
- Bilingual Secretary (22,000 to 40,000)
- Company Secretary (30,000 to 78,000)
- Data Entry Clerk (15,000 to 25,000)
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.