This course provides study and experiences linked to Policing and Police entry requirements, You will study a range of units to help improve your knowledge on current Police issues such as preparing for a career in Policing, conflict and personal protection and crime scene investigating.
You will do a range of theory and practical based units all designed to improve your career opportunity whether you decide to apply for a Police apprenticeship or progress onto the Extended Diploma in Policing with a view to studying at university.
This course is for 1 Year, attending college 2 days per week onsite with 4 hours online study.
• Prepare for a career in Policing
• Equality and diversity in Policing
• Develop leadership skills
• Develop aspects of fitness for entry to the Police service
• Mental and physical wellbeing in the Police service
• Understand conflict management and personal protection
• Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
• Crime scene investigation
• Understand war and conflict on the Police service
On achievement of a merit overall you will be offered the opportunity to return for a second year to achieve the Extended Diploma in Policing.
Assignment based assessment
5 x GCSE at a 4 or above to include maths and English
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.