The Culinary Skills qualifications can help you become a chef or progress to a more senior chef’s role. You’ll gain a high standard of cookery skills and have the option to learn other workplace essentials like health and safety in a kitchen.
The Culinary Skills qualifications are for anyone who works or wants to work as a chef in the catering and hospitality sector.
It is ideal for learners coming straight from school who wish to seek a career in this industry. It is also ideal for those chefs in industry who would like to continue or refresh their knowledge by undertaking topics within the qualification.
Units you will study
• Food Safety
• Health & Safety
• This course focuses on 3 cookery units which will be confirmed when starting the course, but others will also be covered during the course
These may be:
• prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces
• prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
• prepare and cook meat and offal
• prepare and cook poultry
• prepare and cook fish and shellfish
• prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains and egg
• produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
• produce paste products
• produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
• produce fermented dough products
• Short answer question papers
• Practical assessments
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details