This level is ideal if you’ve worked as a chef for some time – you have plenty of experience, and you may already supervise others or manage resources. You want to develop your skills further, perhaps to work as a senior chef or restaurant manager, or if you are progressing after completing a Level 2 Catering qualification.
This course is delivered onsite with some online working.
Units you will study:
• The principles of food safety supervision for catering
• Supervisory skills in the hospitality industry
• Exploring gastronomy
• Advanced skills and techniques in producing vegetable and vegetarian
• Advanced skills and techniques in producing Poultry and Game dishes
• Advanced skills and techniques in producing meat dishes
• Advanced skills and techniques in producing fish and shellfish dishes
• Assignment based
• Short answer question papers
• Practical assessments
• Synoptic exam (At the end of the course)
Level 2 Catering qualification or substantial industry experience
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.