This course will enable you to examine a range of uniformed public services and make informed decisions about their future career.
The course combines theory and practical application of knowledge to develop essential leadership and team work skills and improve personal fitness levels to meet the entry requirements of your chosen Public service.
You will participate in outdoor activities, practical sport, fitness testing & training, PPD, tutorials, work experience, delivering activities to schools and community groups.
On successful completion of the course at a merit or above you will be offered the opportunity to progress to level 3 Uniformed services.
This course is for 1 Year, attending college 3 days per week onsite to include maths and / or English.
The course is made up of the following units:
- Investigate employment in the uniformed services
- Physical fitness for the uniformed services
- Develop team working and problem solving skills
- Health & safety in the uniformed services
- Health & hygiene in the uniformed services
- Follow uniformed service routine
- Exploring equality & diversity for the uniformed services
- Carry out map reading & navigation
- Undertake adventurous activities
PT kit and walking boots are required, some outdoor clothing is provided.
Learners will be expected to wear a ‘uniform’ of polo shirt, walking trousers
and waterproof jacket.
Assignment based assessment
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.