This exciting programme is aimed at learners who would like to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of the role of Air Cabin Crew to hopefully progress into employment within the Aviation Industry.
You will study a range of subjects that are relevant to the role and industry.
In line with industry standards you will be required to wear a uniform consisting of navy blue formal trousers/skirt, pale blue shirt/blouse and a neck tie/scarf (full details will be given when accepted onto the course)
1 year full-time
To achieve the full level 2 Diploma you must complete the following six core units:
- Introduction to Airline Aviation Operations. You will explore the types of airlines, aircraft/airline terminology used in communication throughout the industry, gain an awareness of Aviation geography and a sound knowledge of the routes that airlines fly.
- Health, Safety and Security. You will research and gain a thorough understanding of a range of legislation related to the activities that airlines adhere to and how they maintain health, safety and security in a confined environment.
- Airline Emergency Procedures. You will learn how to respond to various planned and unplanned emergencies on-board an aircraft including the operation of emergency equipment. You will also study survival techniques and will be required to perform these in water at a local leisure centre.
- Crew Room Duties. You will cover the duties of the cabin crew both pre and post flight and gain an understanding of the importance of briefings.
- Role of Cabin Crew (on- board) You will develop the necessary knowledge of the on-board role of cabin crew. To support this you will learn how to prepare the cabin for boarding, deal with passengers with special requirements, carry out a professional in-flight service, make effective passenger announcements and complete the necessary documentation required for a flight.
- Preparation for employment as Air Cabin Crew You will gain an understanding of the importance of personal presentation, attitude and behaviour of those wishing to work in the airline industry. From this you will develop your self- confidence by participating in an interview process.
Coursework & practical exam
To apply for this course, you must be 17 years of age before 31st August 2023, as well as being able to swim at least 25 metres unaided.
Please check out our other Travel and Tourism courses if you do not meet the requirements for the Cabin Crew course as you could do another course whilst you are waiting to apply for the Cabin Crew Doncaster College – Travel and Tourism
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details