The qualification is also designed for job roles in other industries where specific digital skills are required, such as finance, marketing and machining and manufacturing.
The qualification includes a mandatory unit along with optional units that relate directly to the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers and covers a wide range and use of different digital technologies, systems, and software.
This classroom-based course contains all the learning content needed to meet the assessment requirements of the course. There are also activities to enable you to practise your skills and test your learning.
You can enrol at any time, and it is flexible, tutor support is available in class, telephone, and email.
Distance / Online
To achieve the qualification, you need to complete 2 units.
- Word Processing and Spreadsheets
- Word Processing and Presentations
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Highfields External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
Learners can progress in several ways:
- broadening the range of skills, they develop by increasing the size of their qualification. (Award → Certificate → Diploma)
- developing skills at a higher level by moving up the level of qualification from Level 1 to Level 2 and then to Level 3
- progressing to employment where they can apply their digital and IT knowledge and skills.
- Alternatively, you may want to consider other further education courses.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.