This qualification meets the needs of those who want to work in Front of House within the hospitality industry and achieve a more senior position.
It gives an in depth look into the understanding of hospitality expectations, the practical skills needed to provide a professional service and meet the requirements of the industry. Progression to Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership would be a natural progression after completion of level 2.
Units of study:
• Investigate the Catering and Hospitality Industry
• Food Safety in Catering
• Health and Safety in Catering and Hospitality
• Legislation in Food and Beverage Service
• Menu Knowledge, Design and Resources
• Applying Workplace Skills
• Principles of Beverage Product Knowledge
• Service of Hot Beverages
• Food and Beverage Service Skills
• Handling Payments and Maintaining the Payment Point
• Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
Assignments and practical assessments.
At least 4 or 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including maths and English at Grade 4
OR Minimum of Level 2 course in chosen and English language and Maths at level 2
allowances may be made due to industry experience and a interview.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.