Who is it for?
CU is typically for ages 5-14 and up to 25 for those with SEND. However, here at Doncaster CU we are flexible in our offering so if you would like your pupils outside of this age range to be involved then we are happy to offer them membership too.
When does it take place?
Whenever the pupil is participating in a voluntary extra-curricular activity. This includes activities which take place within school either before and after lessons and during lunch time and breaks. It can also be outside of school at clubs and organisations children visit including at weekends and holidays, and activities children do at home.
How does it work?
In a nutshell, your pupils:
- Will be set up with a CU Online account
- Earn CU hours by participating in extra-curricular activities they do in school (After-school clubs, trips and residentials) – these hours will be recorded by our team
- Earn CU hours by participating in extra-curricular activities and learning challenges we provide for children to complete online and at home
- Earn CU hours by participating in extra-curricular activities at local CU ‘Learning Destinations’
- Are rewarded with our bespoke certificates at regular intervals throughout the year
- Get invited to an annual graduation ceremony at Doncaster College and University Centre