UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design (Ceramics pathway). Designed with adult learners in mind, to prepare for the potential in to the craft industry, or further study on the Fine Art and Craft Degree.
The course will introduce you to practices in ceramic crafts, including various hand building techniques such as slab and coil; throwing and decorating and glazing techniques.
We have a range of dedicated ceramic workshop spaces that house our kilns, glazing and plaster areas, and these are utilised to introduce you to craft based and industrial practices in ceramics.
Our students are also introduced to contextual research and drawing and visualisation practices throughout the year.
Units you may study:
• Introduction to materials, processes and skills in design and media
• Introduction to contextual research in art, design and media
• Introduction to drawing skills
• Introduction to communication skills in art, design and media
• Solving 2D and 3D creative problems
• Art, design and media project
No formal qualifications are required for adults, this will be based on interview, following your application to study.
BA (Hons) Fine Art and Craft
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.