The purpose of this qualification is to develop learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills to enable them to uphold British Values in their current role. Written with the latest guidance in mind, this qualification provides learners with the fundamental knowledge of British values, democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs.
It also covers the principles of Prevent, which is the Government counter-terrorism strategy to stop people becoming radicalised, involved in violent extremism, or supporting terrorism, in all its forms.
Entry Level 3
Distance / Online
- Fundamental British values
- Concepts of extremism, radicalisation and terrorism
- The impact of extremism on both local communities and the nation
- How to identify the warning signs of radicalisation
- How to keep yourself safe
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by Highfields External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- be aged 19+
- Not be on an apprenticeship
On successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Qualifications in counterterrorism or security
- Any apprenticeship
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.