The 1-year Level 3 Certificate in Travel and Tourism consists of 6 units of study.
To be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in Travel and Tourism, learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units and 3 optional units.
This qualification aim is to:
- provide learners with an understanding of the principles of the travel and tourism industry and allow them to explore the various avenues of work within this industry.
- allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- gain an understanding of the travel and tourism industry and to prepare learners to progress to further study.
- understand and develop the skills necessary to work within the travel and tourism industry.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- appropriate interpersonal skills
- communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- supporting other aspiring employees
- personal manners and deportment
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
Day trips within travel and tourism allow learners to develop an understanding of the UK travel and tourism industry. We aim to complete day trips to key visitor attractions.
We have links with local and regional tourism organisations where there will be a variety of guest speakers throughout the year to support up to date industry information.
1 year course with an optional second year (top up)
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- The UK travel and tourism industry
- Preparing for a career in travel and tourism
Optional Units that may be available include:
- Storytelling in travel and tourism
- Specialist Tourism
- Travel and Tourism destinations
Coursework, role plays and presentations
5 GCSEs grades 4 and above including English and Maths
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.