This course provides study and experiences linked to Policing and Police entry requirements, You will study a range of units to help improve your knowledge on current Police issues such as preparing for a career in Policing, conflict and personal protection and crime scene investigating.
You will do a range of theory and practical based units all designed to improve your career opportunity whether you decide to apply for a Police apprenticeship or progress onto the Extended Diploma in Policing with a view to studying at university.
This course is for 1 Year, attending college 2 days per week onsite with 4 hours online study.
• Prepare for a career in Policing
• Equality and diversity in Policing
• Develop leadership skills
• Develop aspects of fitness for entry to the Police service
• Mental and physical wellbeing in the Police service
• Understand conflict management and personal protection
• Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
• Crime scene investigation
• Understand war and conflict on the Police service
On achievement of a merit overall you will be offered the opportunity to return for a second year to achieve the Extended Diploma in Policing.
Assignment based assessment
5 x GCSE at a 4 or above to include maths and English
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
The course requires the completion of 2 compulsory trips to meet CSI and Carry out map reading and navigation units. The total cost is £300 which can be paid across the duration of the course.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details