To provide learners with the knowledge and understanding essential to the Health and Social Care Sector, supporting progression to further learning or the workplace. Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will be able to progress onto further learning or to employment within the health and social care sector.
The Level 2 Certificate and Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care enables applied study of the health and social care sector, providing learners with an introduction to key areas relating to current practice.
The mandatory units aim to provide learners with knowledge and understanding of key subject areas in Health and Social care. The optional units within the Extended Diploma allow learners to pursue an interest in chosen subject areas.
1 year full-time
- Core unit: Equality, diversity and rights in health & social care
- Core unit: Human growth and development
- Core unit: Safeguarding and protection in health & social care
- Core unit: Communication in health & social care
- Core unit: Working in health & social care
- Specialist Unit: Anatomy & physiology for health & social care
- Specialist Unit: Nutrition for health & social care
To support development and career prospects learners will also study GCSE Maths & English (as required) alongside their Health and Social Care programme of study.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.