Jump directly to main content Jump directly to menu

DN Colleges Group’s oldest apprentice at 62 years old! 

Posted: 16/06/2021

DN Colleges Group comprises of North Lindsey College, the University Campus North Lincolnshire (UCNL) and Doncaster College and University Centre.

Kevin aged 62 years has just started his new role as a Junior Content Producer Apprentice at Resolution in Scunthorpe. Kevin has over 35 years of experience as a cameraperson, travelling worldwide on assignments but now wants to work locally. With camera work being limited, he decided to learn the other side of the business to open up new opportunities.

“This course is the closest to where I want to be. In this day and age I can find some work with my current skill as an experienced broadcast cameraperson, but I want to extend myself and increase my chances for future work, so I see this as a real opportunity to learn the other aspects of a content producer and in doing so open up a new job market in the future”

Sylvia Priest, from Resolution commented, “We had known Kevin previously, and following a conversation about him wanting to increase his skills we offered him the opportunity to join us as an apprentice. His experience and maturity as a cameraperson is recognised as a real asset, and seen as a benefit in terms of evidence of his creative ethos, but we also recognise that this creativity is transferable to the other elements of the Junior Content Producer course to develop a rounded, multi-skilled individual to join our full team in the future.”

Kevin is hoping that the Junior content producer course will help him understand what the modern social media world is looking for.

There are no age limits on apprenticeship, anyone can undertake one at anytime. If you’re interested in finding out more about how to become an apprentice, contact the College’s Apprenticeship team on employertraining@don.ac.uk for Doncaster or employertraining@northlindsey.ac.uk for North Lindsey.