Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them.
There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100.
Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Improve your understanding of theories relating to autism
• Further your personal and professional development
• Ensure you understand what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Our Learn from Home courses are completed fully online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the learning platform. If your answers do not quite meet the required standard, your tutor will refer the assessment to you, so you to improve your answer and it will probably pass on its subsequent submission.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments, and your tutor is available by email or mobile phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You must not enrol if you do not have one of the devices mentioned. It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
What you will learn
• Introduction to Autism
• Using a Person-Centred Approach to Support Individuals with Autism
• Communication and Social Interaction in Individuals with Autism
• Sensory Processing, Perception and Cognition in Individuals with Autism
• Supporting Positive Behaviour in Individuals with Autism
• Supporting Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives
Online question and answer assessments
Students must be 19+
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details