This course is an engineering taster programme and is the perfect option for any student wishing to take their very first steps into fabrication and welding.
The course covers the fundamental skills and knowledge common to all welding engineering practices.
Units you will study
• Working safely in an engineering environment
• Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
• Using and communicating technical information
Units you may study
• Using manual MIG or MAG welding equipment
• Using manual metal arc welding equipment
• 2 GCSEs grades G and above
• Entry Level 3 in Engineering
• All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an individual interview.
Entry requirements may be waived for mature students who have relevant experience.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details