The Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care enables applied study of the health and social care sector, providing learners with an introduction to key areas relating to current practice. It also provides learners with the knowledge and understanding essential to the health and social care sector, supporting progression to further learning or the workplace.
The certificate is made up of mandatory units which aim to provide learners with knowledge and understanding of key subject areas in health and social care. Learners will be required to attend placement in a work environment to support their learning. The minimum number of hours required is 75 hours.
One Year Full Time
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Psychological perspectives in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Reflective practice
- Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old at the start of the course.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum of 5 x GCSE grades 4/C including Maths and English prior to starting the course.
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details