Calling all influencers, vloggers, bloggers and social media fanatics! The Graphics and Social Media Course is a unique course designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in the rapidly evolving field of digital marketing. This course focuses on two essential aspects of modern marketing: graphic design and social media management. You will learn the principles of visual communication, develop graphic design skills using industry-standard software, and explore effective strategies for managing social media platforms to drive engagement and increase brand awareness.
- Develop a solid foundation in graphic design principles and techniques.
- Understand the role of graphic design in marketing and branding.
- Master industry-standard graphic design software tools and applications.
- Create visually appealing and engaging content for various digital platforms.
- Explore effective social media management strategies and techniques.
- Understand the importance of social media in modern marketing and business.
- Learn to identify target audiences and tailor content to meet their needs.
- Gain practical experience by working on real client based projects with work experience briefs.
Course Duration: The Graphics and Social Media Course is a one year diploma that leads to year 2 studies, which would then result in an extended Diploma qualification.
For more information, please feel free to contact the Course Leader, Noreen Nasim via email: email@example.com
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Fundamentals of Visual Communication
- Typography and Layout Design
- Colour Theory and Application
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro & InDesign
- Creating Graphics for Social Media
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- Content creation and curation for Social Media
- Project Work and Portfolio Development
Note: The course syllabus and modules may be subject to minor changes or updates to reflect industry trends and advancements in graphic design and social media management.
All students will produce project portfolios in the form of coursework, meeting the set briefing requirements. The awarding body is UAL and there are no exams.
- 5 GCSEs grade 4 and above (ideally to include English & Maths)
- Basic computer literacy..
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- No prior experience in graphic design or social media management is required, although a creative mindset is beneficial.
Upon completion of the Graphics and Social Media Course, graduates will be equipped with a valuable skill set that opens up various career opportunities, including:
- Graphic Designer
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketer
- Content Creator
- Branding Specialist
- Marketing Coordinator
- Creative Director
- Freelance Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.