Jump directly to main content Jump directly to menu

Workbased Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools

This qualification is for those currently working, or wishing to work in an educational support capacity within a school environment as a teaching assistant, classroom assistant, learning support assistant or special needs assistant.

Points to Note: As this is a work-based course you must have secured either voluntary work or employment within a childcare environment working with children in a school setting, for a minimum of 10 hours per week for the duration of the
course. Please note that you must have been volunteering or working in the placement in which you are to be assessed for at least 12 weeks prior to the course commencing.

This qualification will provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people aged 5 –19 in school environments.

Key Information

  • Course Level

    Level 3

  • Duration

    12 Months

Apply or Enquire

You will complete a range of units to achieve the qualification. Some of the units you will cover are:

• Safeguarding
• H&S
• Schools and Colleges as Organisations
• Developing Professional Relationships
• Children and Young Peoples Development
• Children and Young People Behaviour
• Children and Young People Learning Activities

Assessment methods

Assignment work, Direct Observation and Witness Testimony

Confirmed placement of 10 hours per week in a Childcare setting 12 weeks prior to enrolment.

Financial Support

Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.

Course Fees


£1417 (Top up to Diploma is £808)


Apply or enquire about this course

Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.

Apply online Make an enquiry Call 0800 358 7575

Information for EU Students

From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).

Visit our International pages for more information and contact details