This course will support you with entry to any of the range of Uniformed services, including RAF, Army, Navy or the prison service for example.
It will combine a range of theory and practical units to develop essential leadership and team work skills as well as improving personal fitness levels to meet the entry requirements of your chosen Uniformed service. You will participate in outdoor activities, practical sport and fitness testing and training, as well as having visits and talks from personnel within a range of relevant industries. You will complete mandatory work experience in industry relevant workplaces to improve your career prospects in the future.
You will do a range of theory and practical based units all designed to improve your career opportunity whether you decide to apply for a Uniformed Service, progress onto an apprenticeship or to the Extended Diploma with a view to studying at university.
On achievement of a merit overall you will be offered the opportunity to return for a second year to achieve the Extended Diploma in Uniformed services.
This course is for 1 Year, attending college 2 days per week onsite with 4 hours online study.
• Prepare for a career in Uniformed services
• Equality and diversity
• Develop leadership skills
• Develop aspects of fitness for entry to Uniformed services
• Mental and physical wellbeing in Uniformed services
• Understand conflict management and personal protection
• Outdoor Adventurous Activities
• Crime scene investigation
• Understand war and conflict on the Uniformed services
Assignment based assessment
5 x GCSE at a 4 or above to include maths and English
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.