Monitoring and controlling costs and contracts on construction projects.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Surveying Technician are:
• Assisting senior managers with the budgeting of construction projects
• Control of costs during a construction project
• Selection and management of specialist contractors
• To contribute to the mitigation of disputes using accurate records
• Recording, control and reporting of income and expenditure on a construction project
• Valuation of progress on construction projects
• To assist senior managers with the legal and contractual issues on a construction project
The knowledge, skills and behaviours for this role will be developed over the duration of the apprenticeship.
Maths and English will be embedded within the apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship has a typical duration of 36 months.
Learners will attend either Doncaster or North Lindsey college on a day release basis. A minimum of 6 hours per week will be spent on working towards the apprenticeship standard. Apprentices will be supported by 1:1 meetings in the workplace by their dedicated Programme Tutor. Additional learning resources and information will be made available online to ensure a fully blended learning experience.
All apprentices must undertake an independent end-point assessment which is an assessment of the knowledge, skills and behaviours that have been learnt throughout the apprenticeship. The purpose of the assessment is to make sure the apprentice meets the standard set by employers and are fully competent in the occupation.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Enquire about this Apprenticeship
Please use the following links to make an enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details